Thursday 16 August 2012

A little recipe...

I know this is usually a fashiony style blog, but one of my major passions in life is food so I want to be able to share this with you too. Thought I'd start with my favourite ever recipe, and my signature dish...tomato and pesto risotto. Trust me, it tastes oh so good!

WHAT YOU NEED
  • Jar of pesto (you could make your own, but it's a lot of effort for a little bit of pesto!)
  • 200g risotto rice
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • 1 red onion
  • Cheese
  • Garlic puree
So what do you do?
  1. Chop the onion and lightly fry with a teaspoon of garlic.
  2. Next add the rice to the pan and fry for a minute or so.
  3. While the rice is frying, blend the tomatoes in a food processor so that they are smooth.
  4. Add the tomatoes to the rice and then STIR! You have to stir as though your life depends on it, otherwise you will get a burnt risotto and a ruined pan.
  5. This stage will take around 20 minutes, stir until the rice absorbs the tomatoes, and it is al dente to eat.
  6. Then add the pesto, I add around 3 tablespoons but it is up to you how pestoey(a word???) you want it.
  7. Then grate the cheese and stir into the risotto.
  8. Then serve and ENJOY!
I love love love this so hopefully you will too. D always makes some chicken to put on top, but I normally go with a handful of rocket, up to you!




Enjoy!

KJ xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I'll always take the time to read these :)