WHAT YOU NEED
- Jar of pesto (you could make your own, but it's a lot of effort for a little bit of pesto!)
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Garlic puree
- Chop the onion and lightly fry with a teaspoon of garlic.
- Next add the rice to the pan and fry for a minute or so.
- While the rice is frying, blend the tomatoes in a food processor so that they are smooth.
- Add the tomatoes to the rice and then STIR! You have to stir as though your life depends on it, otherwise you will get a burnt risotto and a ruined pan.
- This stage will take around 20 minutes, stir until the rice absorbs the tomatoes, and it is al dente to eat.
- Then add the pesto, I add around 3 tablespoons but it is up to you how pestoey(a word???) you want it.
- Then grate the cheese and stir into the risotto.
- Then serve and ENJOY!